By Our Reporter
Operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the Ogun State Police Command have neutralised a suspected kidnapping kingpin during an intelligence-led operation in the Orile Ilugun Forest area along the Abeokuta–Ibadan Expressway.

The operation also led to the recovery of an AK-47 rifle loaded with 20 rounds of 5.6mm live ammunition, N2 million cash, and two mobile phones.
According to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, the operation followed the successful rescue of a kidnapping victim who was abducted on May 14, 2026, at Nufats Fuel Station along the Abeokuta–Ibadan Expressway in Odeda Local Government Area of the state.
The police said the victim regained freedom unharmed on May 18 at about 8:30 p.m. after being released by the abductors.
Following the victim’s release, operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad intensified intelligence-driven efforts to track down members of the gang responsible for the abduction.
The statement noted that on May 19, 2026, at about 6:00 a.m., operatives acting on credible intelligence stormed the kidnappers’ hideout in the Orile Ilugun Forest axis.
“On sighting the Police operatives, the kidnappers opened fire, resulting in a fierce gun duel,” the statement said.
The police added that the operatives responded with superior tactical firepower, leading to the neutralisation of the gang’s kingpin, while other members of the syndicate escaped into the forest with gunshot injuries.
Recovered from the scene were one AK-47 rifle loaded with 20 rounds of live ammunition, N2 million cash, and two mobile phones.
The police said the corpse of the neutralised suspect had been deposited at a morgue for autopsy, while efforts were ongoing to arrest other fleeing members of the gang.
The Commissioner of Police, Bode Ojajuni, commended the operatives for their gallantry, professionalism, and resilience during the operation.
Ojajuni reiterated the Command’s commitment to combating kidnapping and other violent crimes across Ogun State.
He also urged residents to remain vigilant and report suspicious movements or criminal activities through the Command’s emergency lines.